Within project "Technical and Economic Comparison of Ore Transport Schemes in the Development of the Udachnaya Pipe down to Mark 680 m":
- a sequence of design solutions and information on the main stages of the mine development that formed the existing transport scheme was given;
- a comparison model providing for an acceptable comparability of the applications of the rail conveyor system with respect to the existing scheme was selected;
- hourly capacities of transport schemes under comparison depending on their operational reliability were determined;
- main dependencies influencing the manufacturability and efficiency were determined;
- parameters of the equipment specifying the technical and economic indicators and basic costs were calculated (varying for different options);
- feasibility analysis of combined use of a rail conveyor technology at "Udachny" mine for block removals was performed;
- proposals and recommendations for further optimization of the transport scheme of the mine were given.
SPZ design was developed based on SanPiN (Sanitary Rules and Regulations) 2.2.1/188.8.131.520-03 "Sanitary Protection Zones and Sanitary Classification of Enterprises, Structures and Other Facilities".
Design of limit values of maximum permissible emissions into the atmosphere were developed in accordance with the regulatory documents of the Russian Federation, including: Federal Law of the Russian Federation No.7-FZ dated 10.01.2002 "Concerning Protection of the Environment"; Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 96-FZ dated 04.05.1999 "Concerning Protection of Atmospheric Air"; RF Government Regulation No. 183 dated 02.03.2000 "Concerning Limit Values of Emission of Harmful (Polluting) Substances into the Atmospheric Air and Harmful Physical Effects on It"; State Standard GOST 17.2.1.04-77 "Atmosphere.
Sources and Meteorological Factors of Pollution, Industrial Emissions. Terms and Definitions"; GOST 17.2.3.02-2014 "Rules for the Establishment of Permissible Emissions of Pollutants by Industrial Enterprises"; Letter by Rosprirodnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage) dated 21.10.2011 No. VK-08-02-36/13737 "Concerning the Procedure for Establishing (Approving) Regulations and Issuing Permits for Emissions"; Methodical tool for calculating, regulating and controlling emissions of pollutants into the air, Research and Development Institute "Atmosfera", 2012, etc..
Engineering design was developed in accordance with the requirements of the Engineering Design Assignment and Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Russian Federation No. 218.
- Design documentation was developed in strict accordance with the requirements of the Design Assignment and RF Government Regulation No. 87.
- Optimal order for the development and removal of "Nagorny" section reserves, providing for the maximum project NPV, was offered and substantiated. At the same time, up-to-date software products and calculation algorithms were used to select and substantiate the technical solutions.
- Two ore transport options (by motor transport to the chute of the Kirovsky Mine, OJSC "Apatit", and by motor transport to ore stockpile) proposed in the Design Assignment were studies, one was selected and substantiated. Alternative ore transport options were considered.
- As part of the design documentation in accordance with Federal Law No. 174 dated November 23, 1995, "Concerning Ecological Examinations", "Environmental Impact Assessment" section was included, dedicated to organization of dumps for the purposes of disposal (as related to burial) of overburden rock waste generated during the implementation of project OJSC "Apatit", Kirovsky Mine, "Nagorny" apatite-nepheline ores section. EIAs comprise assessment of alternative options for technical solutions, performed by comparing the expected potential environmental and related socio-economic consequences, including a detail refusal option and substantiation of the adopted option.